Shoot, sorry to hear of the no-show! Not to worry, we've got you covered. If a client misses their appointment or cancels at the last minute, you can mark their appointment with a no-show.
This does two things: one, it decreases the client's Reliability Rating for online booking and two, if you have enabled Hold With a Credit Card for that service, you can charge that client a no-show fee if you want to.
Marking a No-Show
- Head to the calendar
- Click on the appointment to open the details page
- Toggle the "no-show" option at the top right to "yes"
- Open the class roster and click the three vertical dots next to the right of the client's name
- Select the "no show" option
- A frowny face will appear next to their name on the roster, meaning they've been marked as a no show
Charging for a No-Show
If your service or class requires a credit card to book and the client booked online, you will have the option to charge their credit card on file right after you hit "no-show." 👌
- After marking a client as a "no-show," a pop-up will display
- Enter the price you want to charge
- Click on "confirm no-show and charge" to run through the charge
If you are not seeing an option to charge the client, there could be a few reasons why:
- The service or class doesn't use Hold with a Credit Card, so the client wasn't prompted to enter in his or her credit card to book that session.
- The service or class was booked on the business side. If the service isn’t marked as "Hold with a Credit Card" and there's a card on file for that client, you can use the Payment add-on to charge them. Just hit the “checkout” button from the appointment details page or class roster.
- Your service is marked as taking a "Deposit" or "Prepayment" online. Even though these services take payment up front, since they're aren't marked as "Hold with a Credit Card" services, they won't prompt the charging window when you go to mark that appointment as a no-show.
- Lastly, keep in mind that while clients aren't able to remove their card on file if they have an upcoming appointment, they will be able to remove their card 24 hours after the appointment has passed.
No-Show Charge for a Deposit Appointment:
- First, you'll want to navigate to that appointment
- Before marking the appointment a "no-show," you'll want to click on the "checkout" button and run your charge as if it's a regular appointment
- Once the charge is processed, you will then want to mark the appointment as a no-show after the charge!
Returning a Package Session for a No-Show:
- Head to the client's appointment they no-showed
- Select the "no show" option in the upper right corner
- If a package has already been used for the appointment, you'll see the option to return a session 👇