As long as they are inside your Cancellation Policy and haven't pre-paid for their appointment, clients can cancel and reschedule online. Here are the steps that clients can follow to cancel and/or reschedule their appointments online:
- Sign into your Schedulicity account and you'll see all your upcoming appointments right on your home screen
- Select the cancel/reschedule link to the right of the appointment, and you can either cancel it completely or reschedule it.
That's it! Pretty easy, right? If the client is outside of your cancellation policy, they will get an error message letting them know that they're not able to cancel online. 👍
One handy bit of information to keep in mind, is the fact that if a client had prepaid for their appointment (either the full amount or a deposit) they will not have the option to cancel or reschedule their appointment online. As the booking software, Schedulicity doesn't want to assume that a client's deposit or prepayment should be refunded to them in the event the client cancels or reschedules.
Instead, if a client wants to cancel an appointment they prepaid for or paid a deposit for, they will be prompted to give the business a call. That way, y'all can sort out the details over the phone, and as the business, you'll be in control of those funds!
- I want to change my cancellation policy—how do I do that?
- Not processing payments through Schedulicity yet? Check it out!
- Wanting to lower the number of cancellations and no-shows you're seeing? Check out our blog for some tips!