You can import your client list in a few ways to your Schedulicity account. We can import it for you (for free!) or you can give it a go!
Want us to import it? Follow these directions:
You can just email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we happily will add your contacts into your account. This usually takes 2-3 days, but we try to be as efficient and speedy as we can.
The file types that work the best for us to import are these:
-vCard (Mac, iPhone, iPad)
-csv (Google contacts, Yahoo contacts)
- If you have your contacts in a different format, feel free to email it over and we will take a look and see what we can do. :)
If we do the import for you, we can also add more details to your client records. Here is what we can add:
First Name | Middle Name | Last Name | Address Line 1 | Address Line 2 | City | State | Postal Code | Phone Number | Email | Birthday Gender | Client Notes (up to 3000 characters).
Would you rather upload it yourself? Awesome! First, here's how you can upload from a spreadsheet on your computer:
1. You will want to get your list organized in the proper format so everything will end up in the right areas of the profile. You will want to include all five columns even if you don't have that particular info. For example, if you don't have the middle names of your clients be sure to still have column B blank so we know not to put anything in that field! Here is the format you will want your document in:
First Name | Middle Name | Last Name | Email | Phone Number
2. Now that your list is good to go, Navigate to the Clients icon
3. Select the “import” button in the upper right hand corner
4. Make sure the format is saved in a .CSV file so it will upload. In Microsoft Excel it does give you the option to save as a .csv rather than .xls so be sure to choose that option.
Have an iPhone? Wonderful – you're also able to import clients from your Contacts in iOS as well by following these steps in the business app:
- In the business app, navigate to Clients
- Tap on the Cloud icon with an arrow in the center
- On the next page, tap on "Import Contacts"
- If you haven't given permission to Schedulicity to access your contacts, tap "OK" on the pop-up window
- From here, Schedulicity will upload your contacts!
If you notice any issues, you'll want to make sure that the Schedulicity business app has permission to access your contacts, which you can do by accessing System Settings > Schedulicity.
No matter how you import your clients, you'll want to be sure to check your list out before an import to make sure all the info is exactly what you want, and it's always good to check for duplicate clients. This is especially important if you already have clients in your Schedulicity database. Otherwise, you might end up with a messy client list, full of duplicates. Trust us, it's not fun to deal with! So, triple check your information and make sure it's just how you want it!