Anytime a client has a booking scheduled with you, they'll receive a few notifications about that booking:
- A confirmation email will go out about 5 minutes after their booking has been confirmed, so long as they have an email on file.
- A reminder email will go out before their appointment according to the policy you have set up within your account.
- We also offer text reminders, which will go out according to your policy if you have them enabled!
Customizing the Time Frame
For email reminders, you have the options of sending the email 24 hours, 48 hours, or 72 hours before the appointment time.
For text message reminders, you have the options of sending the text message 1, 2, 4 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours, 48 hours, or 72 hours before the appointment time.
- Click the three lines in the top left, and open Settings
- Click on the "Policies" tile
- Open the "General Policies" page
- Here you'll find the email reminder policy at the top, and the text reminder policy near the bottom
- Make sure you save any changes you make!
👉 One handy thing to keep in mind for text reminders, is that we will always follow the policy that you have set here, and we don't have any kind way to prevent clients from receiving their text reminder in the wee hours of the morning.
For example, if the policy is set to send out text reminders 8 hours before the appointment start time, and I have an appointment at 10:00am, my reminder will be sent out at 2:00am.
For this reason, it's always a good idea to keep in mind your usual hours when you're setting this policy!