Shoot, sorry to hear of the no-show! Not to worry, we've got you covered. If a client misses their appointment or cancels at the last minute, you can mark their appointment with a no show. This does two things: one, it decreases the client's reliability rating for online booking and two, if you have enabled Hold With a Credit Card for that service, you can charge that client a no-show fee if you want to.
First things first, here's how to mark that client as a no-show:
- Click on the appointment to open the details page
- Toggle the no show option at the top right to "yes"
If a client didn't show up for a class, here's how to mark them as a no-show:
- Open the class roster and click "..." to the right of the client's name
- Select the "no show" option
- A frowny face will appear next to their name on the roster, meaning they've been marked as a no show
If your service or class requires a credit card to book and the client booked online, you will have the option to charge their card on file right after you hit "no show."
If you wish to charge a client for a no-show:
- After marking a client as a no show, a pop-up will display
- Enter the price you want to charge
- Click on "confirm no-show and charge" to run through the charge
Now if you are not seeing an option to charge the client there could be a few reasons why.
- One, the service or class doesn't use Hold with a Credit Card so the client wasn't prompted to enter in his or her card to book that session.
- Two, the service or class was booked on the business side. If the service isn’t marked as Hold with a Credit Card and there's a card on file for that client, you can use the Payment add-on to charge them. Just hit the “checkout” button from the appointment details page or class roster.
- Or three, your service is marked as taking a Deposit or Prepayment online. Even though these services take payment up front, since they're aren't marked as Hold with a Credit Card services, they won't prompt the charging window when you go to mark that appointment as a no show. If you want to charge for these appointments, you can hit the "checkout" button for them as well! 👍