The New Client Policy is there to provide you some additional control over brand new clients who find you online.
There are four options under the New Client Policy:
- Allow new clients to book online with no prior requirements
- Not allowing new clients to book online
- Require new clients to enter their credit card to book online, and
- Require new clients to show up for their first appointment before they can regularly book online.
If that last option is enabled, new (unknown) clients must successfully attend their first appointment before they are allowed to schedule additional appointments online. This setting allows new clients the convenience and security of knowing that their appointment has been created but allows you time to review their information and contact them if necessary.
With that said, sometimes you'd prefer even more security when it comes to booking those new clients. Choosing the option to require your new clients to enter a credit card to have on file means that you're able to protect yourself from new client no-shows while allowing your existing clients to book without a card on file at all.
Not accepting new clients? No problem! Simply disallow new clients to book online and you'll be good to go.
To adjust your New Client Policy, give these steps a try:
- Go to Settings in the Schedulicity dashboard
- Select the Policies tile.
- Next select the General Policies tile and adjust the New Client Policy.
- Save your changes when you're done!