We were certainly disappointed to hear Instagram/Facebook had plans to deprecate the option to add a "Book" button to a business Instagram profile. After all, social media is such a helpful tool for reaching new and existing clients, and it's so handy for those folks to have the ability to book directly from your Instagram profile.
Alas, Instagram/Facebook is a big fish, and they've officially made the decision to get rid of this feature. Not to worry though, we're here to help in making sure you're prepared for when this all goes down.
In order to ensure clients are still able to book with you easily when they land on your Instagram page, let's get your direct booking link added into your profile! First, we'll want to grab that link from within your Schedulicity account:
- Open your Schedulicity account, and navigate to Marketing
- Click on the Business Listing tile
- Scroll down to the Spread the Word section
- Copy your link from where it's listed!
From there, you can add it to your Instagram bio using these steps:
- Open your Instagram app, and go to your profile
- Tap "Edit Profile" at the top of the screen
- Paste your URL into the bio area
- Tap "Done"
It'll look something like this once you're done👇
From what we've been able to learn from Instagram/Facebook, they do have plans to eventually introduce a replacement feature, and we'll be sure to keep you posted as we know more. Of course, if you have any questions at all, feel free to give a holler to our Rockstars, we'll be happy to chat!