Once you're plugged in to your computer using the countertop reader, or paired up to your mobile device using the mobile card reader, it's time to let that money flow in. 💸 Getting to know your reader and how to dip and swipe a card will help things move a little smoother.
Mobile Card Reader:
When you're swiping or dipping with the mobile card reader, it's good to keep these general rules of thumb in mind:
- When you need to dip a chipped credit card, make sure that the Schedulicity logo is facing you, as in the image below for dipping a card. From there, insert the card so that the chip is facing up at you as well.
- When you need to swipe a magnetic stripe credit card, make sure that the words "Schedulicity" are facing you instead. From there, swipe the card with the magstripe facing you.
Countertop Card Reader:
When you're swiping or dipping with the countertop card reader, here are some tips and tricks to keep in your back pocket:
- When you need to dip a chipped credit card, insert the card chip down into the dip interface slot. Wait to hear a beep before removing the card.
- When you need to swipe a magstripe credit card, slide the card through the swipe interface slot. Look for the four payment status lights to illuminate.
- For more of a visual on swiping or dipping a client's card, check out our tutorials for both mobile and desktop card readers.
- Needing some help getting your device paired? Check out this article for the countertop device, and this one for the mobile device!
- Needing to track your transactions? Check out options for reporting!